SAGE is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that aims to foster international development through access to education and student empowerment. We identify secondary students with high academic potential but limited financial means and provide these students with university scholarships.
What We've Achieved
- Granted one to three new scholarships each year since 2009.
- Supported 6 scholars through completion of their degree, in majors ranging from medicine to law to education.
- Provided housing or transportation stipends to scholars who had to relocate to attend the university.
- Established the only post-secondary scholarship available for the University of Guyana.
- Granted 16 full scholarships to attend university.
- Established partnerships with the University, a local Guyanese business, and Guyanese-American groups in the US.
Our Core Values
As we strive to reach our mission, we work to uphold our core values of:
- Commitment: We are committed to helping our scholars succeed and to preparing them for being leaders in Guyana.
- Integrity and Respect: We are honest and straightforward in all of the relationships we build and act in good faith with the money entrusted to us. We treat our team members, scholars, and partners with respect recognizing the importance of diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Equity: We carefully consider all SAGE scholarships applicants. We select our scholars based on merit, financial need, and our evaluation of their commitment to Guyana.
- Advancement: We expect to grow as an organization and expand our reach throughout Guyana. We strive to make large contributions to the development of Guyana as a country.
- Empowerment: We encourage scholars to strive for excellence and advocate for change in their communities and Guyana as a whole