APPLY TO SAGE
Are you applying to or studying at the University of Guyana? Consider applying to SAGE below.
- Applicants must be a Guyanese citizen
- Applicants must submit a completed application
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements and be accepted by the University of Guyana.
- Applicants must be applying for their first year of study at the University of Guyana.
- Full tuition and course fees, paid directly to the University
- Case-by-case review of housing or transportation costs
Note that you may submit a SAGE application before being accepted at UG, but you must have started your UG application and have a UG applicant ID number. Selection as a SAGE scholar will be contingent upon satisfactory CSEC exam results and UG acceptance.
Now accepting applications for 2018!
2018 Application Process
The SAGE application is a three-step process. Please review the instructions and frequently asked questions below. If you have additional questions about the application process, eligibility, or have issues submitting the online form please contact us at email@example.com.
Only applicants who have completed all parts of the SAGE application will be considered for a scholarship.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
STEP 1: Online form
For step 1 of the SAGE application, you will need to fill out a mobile-phone friendly online form that asks for some basic information
about you and your academic qualifications. The sections are:
- Contact Information - The full name, mailing address, phone, and e-mail of you and an emergency contact. The e-mail address you provide will be our primary method of contact. Please check the account frequently as SAGE representatives may be contacting you to ensure that we have all parts of your application.
- Household Information and Logistics - The name, age, occupation, and yearly income of each member of your household.
- Academic Programme and Qualifications - Secondary school information and list of CSEC/CAPE examination results.
- Additional Materials - Please have your University of Guyana Application ID ready - YOU MUST HAVE THIS TO SUBMIT A SAGE APPLICATION.
- Scholarship Contract - Review and understand the terms of a SAGE scholarship before submission.
When you have gathered the above information and are ready to begin, click on 'Start Step 1' below.
After filling out the form, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail with your application information. You can update your application up to the due date via the link included in the e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours of submission, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Personal Essay
In Step 2, you will compose and email a personal essay to SAGE that details your motivations for pursuing a degree at the University of
Guyana and highlights your commitment to Guyana. You may also submit an optional statement of financial need.
The essay can be e-mailed to SAGE via attachment using either a typed document or clear picture(s) of your handwritten essay.
You can view the essay prompts by clicking 'Start Step 2' below.
Step 3: Teacher recommendation
In Step 3, one of your teachers should submit a letter of recommendation to SAGE via e-mail either using a typed document or a
clear picture(s) of a handwritten letter. When you are ready to request a teacher recommendation please click 'Start Step 3' below.
[ Open All | Close All ]
If you wish to apply, please complete ALL PARTS of the application linked above. You must ALSO submit a UG application.
While attending UG, scholars are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA during the course of their studies and will provide regular grade reports and other updates to SAGE. Once a scholar completes their program of study, they must commit to work in Guyana for at least two years.